2021 didn't start with the bang we were hoping for and now that the first month has already come to an end, we are once again forced to re-evaluate the year ahead of us. 


As you will already know, the lockdown level 3 status has necessitated the postponement of one of the most popular of the Trail Series routes - Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. This was scheduled for 19 January and will be moved to a later date. As we are currently still in level 3 until 15 February, the next event scheduled for 14 February - Lebanon, Grabouw - has also been postponed. We intend to hold both of these events later in the year and will confirm the new dates when we have clarity on what will be allowed, and when. 


As for the remaining events in the series, it is unlikely that race 3 - Tygerberg Nature Reserve - will go ahead as planned. However, we have not made any changes to the calendar yet and will only do so when we know more in this ever-changing climate. Updates will come as and when we know that the events will be allowed to take place, with less stringent restrictions on numbers and with enough time to allow for all of the necessary logistical and operational processes to take place. 


We hope to have better news in the near future and will continue to update our social media channels as and when necessary. For now, stay safe on the trails and we hope to see you out there as soon as possible.